- Snaps on. Snaps off.
- Mat is closed cell and will not absorb liquids
- Frame is tight fitting for sanitation yet easily broken down for thorough cleaning or mat replacement, no tools are required
- The all stainless retainer and foam pad are autoclavable
- Adapter is static conductive
- Mat is the same material used in the manufacture of the Ergokneel Extreme Standing Mats
- Provides the option of 1 more inch of elevation
- Launders in cartwasher
The Phelan 5058-1 step stand, used in most surgery rooms, can now be modified with a simple snap on adapter that brings the best of both worlds to the O.R. This stainless steel retainer gives surgeons the option of flexing their spine on the soft mat, or gaining stability on the metal frame during critical moments. This foam mat allows changing elevations of the heels, stimulating muscular activity within the many muscles that provide stability.
Static standing and the flat firm floors in surgery rooms account for much of the low back trouble among surgeons and assistants. The wisdom applied for many years has focused on maximum stability with little regard for the proprioceptive system that is very capable of engaging the necessary muscles to allow for precision use of the hands and vision. This very amazing system is why a fisherman can thread a hook while standing in a boat.